Electrical diagrams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // 90-110 Electrical problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick666
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Electrical diagrams Reply with quote
Well that didn't take long! Sunny's decided she's going to go on strike at the (apparent) end of summer - and knocked out all her electrics. Will be able to sort, but think she may benefit from a rather more practical fusebox (apologies to the rivet counters, but she's already less than 100% accurate and I prefer usable!)

I'd rather spend money on bits rather than hardcopy manuals ... thankfully, found this copy of the 90 wiring diagram somewhere else, hopefully handy for others!

(PDF)

(and also, if you've lost it, a photo of the fuses panel layout)

Nick666
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
(just looked up the cost of a new main harness, for a laugh ... all I can say is I'm in the wrong trade!)
Nick666
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, learnt a lot today ... not least, sell a kidney so I can buy a workshop. Obviously it had to rain all day.

Never mind. Looks like a dead heater blower motor, although I need to bust the heater box open and really test it properly. Also the glass fusebox connections all look fine but are dead iffy, which is why it's all been on and off, sometimes working sometimes nothing. The interior/dash light switch is but a Western backdrop.

So I'm going to sort all that then reassess, few less gremlins to investigate then.

Hoping the fuse / relay modules from VWP are going to fit under the cover +/- a bit of modification of the backplate.
Nick666
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, most of the way through the fuse box replacement - haven't done the blade terminals quite right as they're a bit too stiff (ooh err) with the heatshrink now to sit comfortably under the existing bracket. So bit more fiddling there.

And have replaced all the external light fittings, muuuuch better. And properly grounded as well. Still need to redo the headlights so they're not running all through the switch, but via a relay, but it'll do for the meantime.

One interesting conundrum I've not quite figured out - the indicators work all round, but indicating right doesn't light up the dashboard light, just the trailer light on the first 'blink'. Left works as expected. Weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // 90-110 Electrical problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: