Fuel hose for 2.25 petrol engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Series 3 Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro
Newcomer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Fuel hose for 2.25 petrol engine Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to the forum as I only joined the club last month.
I am doing up a 2.25 petrol engine and need a small piece of fuel hose that feeds the petrol into the carburetor. As it runs directly above the exhaust I want to make sure I buy the correct type.
Does anyone know the internal diameter of the rubber fuel hose? I have seen NITRILE Rubber SAE J30 R6 FUEL HOSE for sale with an internal diameter of 6mm (1/4 ID)and think this might be correct. Also do I need special fuel hose if I use lead additive or is SAE J30 R6 the correct standard.
Thanks for your advice. Pedro
Alan Drover
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Evening Pedro.
I replaced all the rubber fuel line on mine a couple of years ago and am fairly certain it's 6mm.
Make sure you get ethanol proof rubber fuel hose.
AJT4
A Hopeless Case !
A Hopeless Case !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, if your fitting new hoses I’d go for metal braided hose option. Between the inline fuel filter and the carb is a braided hose which is part number 587684 which available on EBay/John Craddock’s.
AJT4
A Hopeless Case !
A Hopeless Case !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Between the carb and inline fuel filter (not essential could make your own ) https://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/search/results.html?s=587684&sb=Search

Example of the braided hose but any on eBay as long as it’s good quality and ethanol proof like Alan Drover says will do. Not something you want to be cutting corners on when there is fuel involved.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122632755454
Pedro
Newcomer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Fuel hose for 2.25 petrol engine Reply with quote
Thanks very much for the replies. Just what I needed to know. I looked myself on the John Craddock site but didn't find it without serial number. Part ordered now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Series 3 Engines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: