Noisy fuel pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // 90 & 110 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro
Newcomer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Noisy fuel pump Reply with quote
I had a fuel leak from the fuel filter head on my TD5. After changing the filter and filter head and purging the air the fuel pump has become very very noisy.
This usually indicates air in the system. I checked for leaks and purged it over and over again but the noise remains. Before changing the fuel filter head the pump was almost silent.
Spoken to my Land Rover mecanic and he says there is nothing that can be done about it. According to him this sometimes happens and it becomes impossible to purge the air out of the system. It can go away if your lucky he says.
Anyone else experienced this?
Nick666
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Pedro - not likely to get too far with this on here, not really a TD5 forum! Better off asking on Defender2.net or LRUK where you'll find more TD5 drivers. But good luck! (PS sounds like you need a new mechanic to me!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // 90 & 110 Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: