Remapping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // 90 & 110 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnp
Newcomer

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject: Remapping Reply with quote
Can anyone help please.
I'm thinking of having my 90 Td5 remapped. Has anybody had it done and is it worth doing?
Also any down sides to watch out for?
Any info would help.
knappster
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I looked into this with my old Disco Td5. Thereís lots of online reviews and recommendations for discoveries, much of which applies to the Td5. One of the main issues is warping of the exhaust manifold as a result of the higher exhaust temperatures after a remap. This can be cured with ceramic-coated manifolds.

I sold my disco before I got it remapped so never had any experience of the remap. A friend has got a remapped disco Td5 and had had to fit the modified manifold and new studs to cure this issue but is happy with the result. Iíve used his disco and it drives much better than a standard auto does. Quite a few companies do the remapbut the ones I considered were Td5Alive and Bell Auto Services. They might do Defender rempas as well as discovery remaps. You can remap for economy or performance so either way, you should get an improvement.

Someone who has done a remap will hopefully give their experiences.

Let us know how you get on. Smile

Owner of a 200Tdi 90 and a soon-to-be 200Tdi Series 3...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // 90 & 110 Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: