Bonnet catch interference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // 90 & 110 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyK
Newcomer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Bonnet catch interference Reply with quote
The bonnet on my 90 2.5TD is not easy to open because the sprung bonnet mounted striker seems to have bent and now sits too far forward to cleanly engage. With the bonnet shut, it no longer springs open when unlocked and I have to remover the grill and push back on the bonnet.

The striker does look as if it has bent as it is out of line with the bonnet stops. I tried to remove it to see if this was the case, as but the small slot which seems to be the only way to unscrew it distorts as soon as I put any pressure on.Has anyone any good ideas?

I was tempted to put a large steel pipe over the striker and force it back, but suspect I could compound the problem,!
Alan Drover
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anthony there's a locknut to stop the striker from coming undone as the striker is adjustable and the slotted end takes a screwdriver for adjustment.
AnthonyK
Newcomer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan

Many thanks. I can see a threaded not near the top, and looking where it screws into the bonnet, it does look as if it has pulled forward. I will tackle it this morning after some strong coffee!
Anthony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // 90 & 110 Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: