Fitting Electronic Ignition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Series 3 Electrical problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Fitting Electronic Ignition. Reply with quote
Today I was swapping the Lumenition Optronic infrared eye from one distributor to another on the MG. I had no problem in removing the 3 pins from the connector but on removing the wires from the distributor I discovered that 2 of the 3 wires from the eye were frayed inside the grommet that goes through the hole in the distributor body. These wires are quite thin and I was concerned that even if I taped them it would be a weak point.
I phoned Lumenition and they can supply the infrared eye as a separate item at a cheaper price than their Magnetronic system so I have ordered one.
It seems that idiot here didn't leave sufficient slack in the wiring to allow for the movement of the base plate with the vacuum advance. The replacement distributor doesn't have a vacuum advance but I'll still leave some slack in the wiring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Series 3 Electrical problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: