Transfer Case Replacement Part or Drawings Avaliable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Introduce yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TovinoThomas
Newcomer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Transfer Case Replacement Part or Drawings Avaliable? Reply with quote
I have a Series IIA (1969) that needs transmission work. Specifically, the transfer case is worn badly and needs to be replaced. Rovers North will only sell the entire transmission assembly so I'm trying to find just the transfer case housing for sale. So far I've only found it from Dare Britannica in Washington.

My other idea was to contact the Land Rover Heritage shop and see if they can supply a part. Furthermore, does anyone know where I can find engineering drawings, or where I could buy them? Machining a new one would be a possibility, I just don't know where to find the drawings for it.

https://discord.software/ FetLife iTunes

Last edited by TovinoThomas on Thu May 02, 2019 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi and welcome!

If your local supplier will only sell the complete unit, try one of the larger suppliers in the UK, such as Paddock Spares or Craddocks. Alternatively, try Dunsfold Land Rovers in Surrey who might have one.

If none of the above can help, try a breakers, likely to be in the UK as opposed to the US where Id imagine such parts used are rarer than hens teeth. If not, look at EBay. Getting one made from scratch is going to be very expensive so it is probably cheaper to find one in the UK and get it shipped.

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Afternoon TovinoThomas.
Try Dunsfold Land Rovers (+441483200567). They are very helpful.
Welcome to Land Rover ownership and the forum. Plenty of knowledge here so just ask, no question is ever silly on this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Introduce yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: