Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 389, 390, 391  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
It should be a Rover axle Paul. Now did you have the Tdi conversion done or was it a previous owner? If the latter, the stronger Salisbury axle may have been retrofitted.
No rain here.

Henry came with the conversion Alan. There is nothing in the paperwork that would indicate that the axle was changed but I'll know when I take a look (at some point).

1975 200TDI Series 3 - Henry
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
Rich, why didn't you go and have a word with the 110 owner up the road? If Mrs. K won't let you ...

? Rolling Eyes What is the world coming to?
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not so much a case of not being allowed to but saving myself the grief from getting an earful as weve put a week aside for work on the house. She wont be happy that Im being distracted from working!

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There was an advert for a recovery organisation on TV last night. Green flag, I believe. They only cover vehicles up to ten years old. That rules out most landies then.

BigJohn
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm with Greenflag through the Caravan Club. I've never had any kind of vehicle age restriction. I had the 110 on it (31 years old) and currently have the Disco on it (16 years old). When you call them the first thing they ask is 'Are you towing?'. Maybe the Caravan Club deal is different to normal membership.

Discovery TD5 ES Auto.

Member 9329 (re-joined the club)

Land Rovers don't have dents - They have battle scars.
BigJohn
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We just spent a lovely week with the caravan down near Plymouth. As you can imagine, the weather was fantastic.
The drive down was horrible. It took us over 3 hours to reach Exeter, where we had a break, from where we are in South Wales. M5 again. We left at 10AM and reached Plymouth at 4:30.
On the way back last night the whole trip took 3 hours 15 minutes towing at a steady 60!

Discovery TD5 ES Auto.

Member 9329 (re-joined the club)

Land Rovers don't have dents - They have battle scars.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The M5 is a big car park during the summer holidays, especially south-bound.

A trip to the tip this morning, the 90 being filled with garden waste. There was a non Land Rover thingy Wrangler which had clearly had thousands of pounds lavished on it. It had a suspension lift, tree sliders, winch bumper, very big expensive mud tyres and alloy wheels, it did look quite smart. But if was very much all the gear, as the phrase goes. There wasnt a spec of dirt on it or underneath.

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The trip to the tip second time around took considerably longer than the first. Not helped by the queue to get in but there was a very original 300Tdi 90 with a lovely white boxer dog inside parked next to one of the skips. I had to say hi to the dog and chat to the owner about his Landy! He commented on how smooth he thought mine sounded... Clearly a chap who appreciated good things when he hears and sees them! Very Happy Cool

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you enrol him in the club Rich?
I dug a few King Edward potatoes today. I've seen bigger ball bearings! I hope the Maris Piper are better.
Cliff4WD
Big Talker
Big Talker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Standard Green Flag cover is vehicle age restricted, same as other providers. However, the Green Flag cover through the Caravan Club (It's not exclusive to them) is called Mayday. There is no vehicle age restriction and to my mind, offers the best available cover going at a very reasonable price. With Mayday you get roadside repairs or recovery as per AA etc. but also will transport you, your vehicle (and trailer/caravan) to your destination and then back home again (vehicle to chosen repairer within 10 mile of home).
This is restricted to the vehicle declared on the policy, however, if you take personal cover, then the deal extends to you (and spouse etc) in any vehicle even if just a passenger.
I have personal cover for me and wiife at 102.50, same price as last year.
Fortunately, I've only needed recovery once and it was no quibble; picked up and taken back home.

BTW, if you have an older vehicle with AA, RAC, etc. then best check and confirm it is covered as although they take your money for renewal every year, you may fimd that your older vehicle is no longer eligible. The theiving bar stewards have a way of claiming it's your responsibility to check terms and eligibility.

1981 Series 3 109 V8 'Stage One'
Restoration thread: https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/cliff-1981-series-3-109-v8-stage-1.248082/
Cliff4WD
Big Talker
Big Talker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Standard Green Flag cover is vehicle age restricted, same as other providers. However, the Green Flag cover through the Caravan Club (It's not exclusive to them) is called Mayday. There is no vehicle age restriction and to my mind, offers the best available cover going at a very reasonable price. With Mayday you get roadside repairs or recovery as per AA etc. but also will transport you, your vehicle (and trailer/caravan) to your destination and then back home again (vehicle to chosen repairer within 10 mile of home).
This is restricted to the vehicle declared on the policy, however, if you take personal cover, then the deal extends to you (and spouse etc) in any vehicle even if just a passenger.
I have personal cover for me and wiife at 102.50, same price as last year.
Fortunately, I've only needed recovery once and it was no quibble; picked up and taken back home.

1981 Series 3 109 V8 'Stage One'
Restoration thread: https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/cliff-1981-series-3-109-v8-stage-1.248082/
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
A trip to the tip this morning, the 90 being filled with garden waste. There was a non Land Rover thingy Wrangler which had clearly had thousands of pounds lavished on it. It had a suspension lift, tree sliders, winch bumper, very big expensive mud tyres and alloy wheels, it did look quite smart. But if was very much all the gear, as the phrase goes. There wasnt a spec of dirt on it or underneath.

All absolutely necessary of course on any trip to the tip, or to the supermarket too for that matter.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cliff4WD wrote:
BTW, if you have an older vehicle with AA, RAC, etc. then best check and confirm it is covered as although they take your money for renewal every year, you may fimd that your older vehicle is no longer eligible. The theiving bar stewards have a way of claiming it's your responsibility to check terms and eligibility.

RAC breakdown cover does not have any age restriction on vehicles:

https://www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover/breakdown-help/vehicle-eligibility
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In town yesterday I went into Boots with Mrs. D as she wanted a new electric toothbrush. There was a half price sale on them and I noticed one that read Save 170. 340 for a toothbrush!!! I can nearly get a Zenith carburettor remanufactured for that amount. Mrs. D didn't buy that particular one.
My toothbrushes cost no more than a couple of quid and that's expensive.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And when you e finished with them Alan, Im sure they can be used to clean up spare parts and the like! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 389, 390, 391  Next
Page 215 of 391

Jump to: