Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 221, 222, 223 ... 389, 390, 391  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I must admit, I was surprised to see a winch on a Defender that is used to deliver coffee. Both the Defender and the winch were very shiny, which says a lot. Smile

I’ve had some fun conversations with cold callers at the in-laws who get several a day. Some have tried to sell conservatories only to be told a few minutes later that they live in a third floor flat! They don’t, but the person making the call doesn’t know any different. I’d leave the call on speaker, make a cup of tea and come back telling them were in a flat. Smile But others, I just tell them not to call back!

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
We’re off to a local agricultural show today. I asked baby knappster what animals where would see and she replied “tigers!” Surprised If we see tigers there, something’s not quite right. Smile

We’ll also see a few landies, which baby knappster will identify as “daddy’s car!” Very Happy

Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you see a tiger, you may have taken a wrong turn off the M5 ('I took a wrong turn and just kept going' - Bruce Springsteen I think) and you might be somewhere where you need a winch after all! Smile Have a fun day Cool
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DISASTER!!!. Not an auspicious start for the new management at my local. No beer only Eurofizz which I wouldn't consider even as antifreeze. Two pumps had run out and the third was full of clearing fluid. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I walked out and went to the low grade alternative, my previous local. It was dire. The 2 pints of Seafarer though were very good but expensive. Even though there was a Help for Heroes event in the pub field there weren't many people about and the pub was empty. It was preferable to drinking Eurofizz though.
I came home and did some strimming. I'll be making a comment when I go to the regular local tomorrow.
Slim Dusty's "A Pub with no Beer" was foremost in my mind.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not good Alan. You’ll have to speak with the new management and ensure they get some Otter in.

We were later getting to the agricultural show than I wanted due to Mrs K helping the in-laws book a theatre show online. Baby knappster enjoyed her seeing the pigs, cows and sheep, the highlight being the ducks though. We see them everyday on the canal by Knapp towers but she still enjoyed seeing them today. Smile Not a tiger in sight too.

I had a walk around the machinery section. Plenty of tractors from the past, includ8ng a range of grey fergies in varying conditions, Fords, David Browns, Case, triple D Fords, a few classic trucks and commercials and a very tidy grey Series 1 107. I had a couple of pints of local ale from the pub who had a bar on site (sorry Alan!)

A qood selection of landies in the car park, including some modified Defenders, some late model Defenders, a very nice rebuilt Series 3 in limestone and a modified and well-used Disco 1. Baby knappster pointed to a couple of Landies and referred to them as “Daddy cars” Very Happy

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rich, was it the Alresford show you went to?
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
Rich, was it the Alresford show you went to?

Yes, that’s the one. The in-laws live very close by.

Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't suppose you took a picture of that 107, Rich? Glad you avoided the tigers. Talking of tractors, I read in the paper yesterday that someone stole a tractor in Market Rasen, and the police chased them - at 15mph. Only in Market Rasen. I go there sometimes when I want to experience what death feels like (I had a heart attack there once)
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pub ale supply back to normal and apologies. The new manageress celebrated her birthday on the Friday and copious amounts of ale were drunk. I've been reassured it won't happen again.
On leaving the pub, nearby was a smart maroon 2015 110 station wagon with a third row of forward facing rear seats. Just after I arrived a group came in and were still there when I left so it may have belonged to them. The pub is returning to normal after the change over and the Midsomer Murder upper crust are returning.
Back home I picked 14.875 oz, per the scales, of our own blackberries, about £6 in the shops.
I've never been to Market Rasen, only Leicester, Melton Mowbray where I bought a pork pie, and Sheepy Parva all in Leicestershire.
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recorded Wheeler Dealers today on 'Quest' TV. This episode they feature a 1981 Stage 1. Not seen this one before so looking forward to it. Has to be watched once the wife has gone to sleep.

1975 200TDI Series 3 - Henry
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry Geoff, I didn’t get a picture of the 107, I was too busy trying to stop baby knappster from running under the fence into the machinery! PTO’s, moving machinery and toddlers don’t mix!

Paul, you’ll enjoy the uninterrupted viewing more once the boss is in bed. Smile

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Our lot had a pursuit with a tractor a few years ago. They’ve now got a tyre deflating device for such machines.

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yesterday's Italian Grand Prix has to be one of the best for ages. Close racing from start to finish between 1st and 2nd.
On page 2 of today's Western Daily Press is a picture of Viscountess Weymouth posing on the lawn outside Longleat House in front of a striped 110 Defender Station Wagon.
Cliff4WD
Big Talker
Big Talker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope you enjoy watching them vandalise the Stage 1 Yule Rolling Eyes

1981 Series 3 109 V8 'Stage One'
Restoration thread: https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/cliff-1981-series-3-109-v8-stage-1.248082/
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
Back home I picked 14.875 oz, per the scales, of our own blackberries, about £6 in the shops.
I've never been to Market Rasen, only Leicester, Melton Mowbray where I bought a pork pie, and Sheepy Parva all in Leicestershire.

I don't know much about the price of stuff in the shops (not generally my department) but, if true, that makes my breakfast cereal, to which I've been adding blackberries from the garden every morning, very valuable indeed, coming on top of the outrageous price of granola (which I do know about)

Market Rasen isn't in Leicestershire but Lincolnshite, as a friend of my eldest daughter who grew up there rather unkindly (and, really, rather unfairly) calls it. The best thing to ever come out of Leicestershire is Stilton cheese Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 221, 222, 223 ... 389, 390, 391  Next
Page 222 of 391

Jump to: