Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 389, 390, 391  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff, did you get the freelander then??? Smile

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yule wrote:
Geoff2 wrote:
A Freelander? - you are joking. I'm just an inveterate ebay watcher and any pre-production model is of interest value-wise, and otherwise - if it's a Land Rover product.

Nothing wrong with Freelanders. We have had a few in the family over the years and have had no problems with them at all. Best one was a 2.5 V6 in white - belonged to my dad, who got a little upset when we put black UN stickers on the side Smile

I can use a bit more space in a vehicle, Paul (and I like a bit more steel around me)

Listing can't make up it's mind if it's done 86k or 89k miles. But either in 22 years? Says it only covered 600 miles in first 6 years as an original press launch car and "featured in many shows". Cf my green Stage 1 which was a Land Rover press/demonstrator vehicle for just 2 years, then transferred to BL Heritage at Studley Castle who only 2 years later fitted a new engine and gearbox at 80k miles. Either it was towed to all those shows or it's been around the clock. Either way, I'm not sure I'm impressed. At time of writing it hasn't attracted any bids and the auction ends tomorrow. Says £1,000 spent on engine last year - are we supposed to be impressed? I'd prefer to know what exactly on if I were considering it (which I'm definitely not Smile )
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
Venturing ever so slightly into the P-word, a certain national bakery (fast food) chain is stockpiling port in anticipation of a no-deal Brexit. Will we be looking at a sausage roll tax too??? Smile

Port? Where? I'm going to ram raid it!
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, and parking sensors. Learn to drive!
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Parking sensors! Aren't they when you've hit the vehicle behind and in front?
In this month's CLR, a clutch locking device was featured. Compared to my Clutch Claw which slides over both brake and clutch pedal, it doesn't look so effective and is fiddly to fit.
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No frantically waving Freelander drivers today. Instead the driver of a Mercedes SUV thingy flashed his lights and waved. I was on the pavement on the way to the pub. I've no idea who the driver was. I've been told that the dogs are recognized before I am. Great, and the Holy Grail has run out. Betty Stoggs next.
On the way back I saw 3 Land Rovers, a 63 plate Utility Station Wagon, a 15 plate Crew Cab with a tilt over the load bay and a 51 plate 90 hard top towing an empty car trailer.

Last edited by Alan Drover on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff2 wrote:
knappster wrote:
Venturing ever so slightly into the P-word, a certain national bakery (fast food) chain is stockpiling port in anticipation of a no-deal Brexit. Will we be looking at a sausage roll tax too??? Smile

Port? Where? I'm going to ram raid it!

Looks like the predictive text demon has been busy! It should say pork! Smile

Sorry to disappoint you Geoff! Wink

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No landies seen today. At least no “proper” landies. The 90 will get a run to work tomorrow. Smile

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Apprentice is on BBC1 at 2100hrs. Very Happy

Not everyone’s taste, it’s a bit marmite. I like it, but find it amazing that some of the contestants are considered the cream of our young entrepreneurs... Surprised Shocked

Cliff4WD
Big Talker
Big Talker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think they are considered complete cretins by most people!

1981 Series 3 109 V8 'Stage One'
Restoration thread: https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/cliff-1981-series-3-109-v8-stage-1.248082/
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never watched it. I prefer Marmite.

Last edited by Alan Drover on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
morson
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't say I like the apprentice I tried watching it but just could not sustain my interest
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
The Apprentice is on BBC1 at 2100hrs. Very Happy

Not everyone’s taste, it’s a bit marmite. I like it, but find it amazing that some of the contestants are considered the cream of our young entrepreneurs... Surprised Shocked

Just another show that chooses the contestants on their ability to draw in viewers rather than their ability in business.

I'll still watch it just to see the idiots running around making mountains out of molehills and shouting a lot at each other. Oh, and there's nothing else on TV that I like at 9pm on a Wed...….

1975 200TDI Series 3 - Henry
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff2 wrote:
Yule wrote:
Geoff2 wrote:
A Freelander? - you are joking. I'm just an inveterate ebay watcher and any pre-production model is of interest value-wise, and otherwise - if it's a Land Rover product.

Nothing wrong with Freelanders. We have had a few in the family over the years and have had no problems with them at all. Best one was a 2.5 V6 in white - belonged to my dad, who got a little upset when we put black UN stickers on the side Smile

I can use a bit more space in a vehicle, Paul (and I like a bit more steel around me)

Listing can't make up it's mind if it's done 86k or 89k miles. But either in 22 years? Says it only covered 600 miles in first 6 years as an original press launch car and "featured in many shows". Cf my green Stage 1 which was a Land Rover press/demonstrator vehicle for just 2 years, then transferred to BL Heritage at Studley Castle who only 2 years later fitted a new engine and gearbox at 80k miles. Either it was towed to all those shows or it's been around the clock. Either way, I'm not sure I'm impressed. At time of writing it hasn't attracted any bids and the auction ends tomorrow. Says £1,000 spent on engine last year - are we supposed to be impressed? I'd prefer to know what exactly on if I were considering it (which I'm definitely not Smile )

So, as Rich said - did you get it Geoff?

Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Went down to Sammy Miller's museum yesterday. On the way down, we passed a truck cab 110 that had a home made platform over the cab & bed that was carrying what looked like the sides and roof of a very large shed - I guess it was custom made for the purpose. Must have been a shed companies vehicle.

Also passed a convoy of 5 Army LRs around Tidworth - they were going in the opposite direction. All radio'd up and ready for action !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 389, 390, 391  Next
Page 241 of 391

Jump to: