Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246 ... 389, 390, 391  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a laugh at it too. For a moment, I did wonder if they were advertising marmite jam! Embarassed Smile

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Cliff4WD
Big Talker
Big Talker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have your vehicle parked on your drive then it is nobody's business if it is taxed or sorned other than the DVLA, who's only concern is that your vehicle is either taxed if using on a public highway, or sorned if being kept off road.
What practical difference does it make to the council if you park a taxed vehicle or a sorned vehicle on your drive? None obviously. You just have an idiot neighbour who doesn't like your vehicle. You probably have grounds for a case against your neighbor for harrassment! A solicitor's letter to them to that effect might work wonders.

1981 Series 3 109 V8 'Stage One'
Restoration thread: https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/cliff-1981-series-3-109-v8-stage-1.248082/
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff2 wrote:
Have you seen the new marmite advert, Alan? It's the first ad that's made me laugh for as long as I can remember (which admittedly is not very long these days!)

No, I haven't seen it yet. I tend not to take much notice of ads but I'll watch out for it.
Getting ready for Newbury. Reckon to leave home about 8.30am.
morson
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
all the neighbours up and down the road have no issue and we have good friendship with them all, unlike this 1 neighbour who no1 likes. yeah she has been like this since we moved in shes had harrassment notices from the police however they are not worth the paper they are written on as the police cant be bothered to deal with her as she is very hardwork.
i will put my points to the council saying its sorn etc it becoming historic so its of national interest etc and see if they allow it. they have not warned me just a reminder of the notice ill get a screen shot of the tenacy hand book.

2nd point on the right
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/379241128287010820/630338455175561226/52f1b02ad4c492f3966d94d8a49d9f85.png

last 2 on the right
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/379241128287010820/630338559559204866/d3634000be33a84e0ffa5f4036200216.png
BigJohn
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
morson. The last item on the second list would appear to be contentious in your case. If you have a vehicle which is under SORN it isn't permitted to be on the public highway, so by default is not roadworthy.
It may be worth clarifying that repairs or work on this vehicle forms part of your 'hobby' and that the intention is to restore this historic vehicle, which is privately owned by you, and put it back on the road. Obviously make it clear that this is not a commercial activity.

Just a thought.

Discovery TD5 ES Auto.

Member 9329 (re-joined the club)

Land Rovers don't have dents - They have battle scars.
morson
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah my wife said that we to say it a hobby and being rebuilt, i think the council just see it as scrap or car parts as they dont understand the purpose its like that at the moment
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Live from the Club Stand at Newbury.
Plenty of Land Rover spares here today and the weather is sunny with a breeze.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
morson wrote:
all the neighbours up and down the road have no issue and we have good friendship with them all, unlike this 1 neighbour who no1 likes. yeah she has been like this since we moved in

I can't understand how you have the same woman living next door to you there as we do here - must be something to do with quantum theory, or they are cloning them somewhere Confused

Those last two points on the second link you gave don't look good for you.
morson
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah ill speak to the chap and hopefully we can get some sort of permission, haha yeah probably hate neighbours like that
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
morson, keep us informed. If that stupid woman has had orders against her, that's ammunition for you to use. I hope it goes in your favour.
A pleasant day at Newbury today. I met Frank and Marjorie and knappster on the club stand and had a chat with several customers. I had a good look round as we were let in 20 minutes earlier this time. There was a lot on offer but nothing I needed. I enjoyed just looking around.
No problems or skinned knuckles putting the wheel clamp on this time.

Last edited by Alan Drover on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Cliff4WD
Big Talker
Big Talker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BigJohn wrote:
morson. The last item on the second list would appear to be contentious in your case. If you have a vehicle which is under SORN it isn't permitted to be on the public highway, so by default is not roadworthy.
It may be worth clarifying that repairs or work on this vehicle forms part of your 'hobby' and that the intention is to restore this historic vehicle, which is privately owned by you, and put it back on the road. Obviously make it clear that this is not a commercial activity.

Just a thought.

Just because you decide to keep a vehicle off road for a while by declaring it SORN, does not mean it is unroadworthy; it is simply not being used. Of course, in this case it seems the council do not want vehicles that are not in regular use parked up on the drive. Very Happy

1981 Series 3 109 V8 'Stage One'
Restoration thread: https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/cliff-1981-series-3-109-v8-stage-1.248082/
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had a good time at the Newbury sale. I met up with Frank, Marjorie and Alan, we put the world to rights and I bought a few tools. I even managed to get the father-in-law some socks! Surprised

The weather was nice and it was a good size crowd. But there appears to be a lot more traders and non- Landy stuff creeping in... Rolling Eyes

Another one in six months time! Very Happy

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, more non Land Rover items are making an appearance. These are on the stalls nearest to the indoor area. The Land Rover bits are further up the field.
We were let in 20 minutes earlier today for some strange reason so I concentrated on the Land Rover stalls only and managed to see them all. I saw vehicles with Dutch, Belgian, French and German plates there.
Lots of Land Rovers seen today. The couple in the 90 next time mine in the car park had driven from Luton.
I had a long chat with a potential member from Newbury on the club stand.
While using the window vac to clear the windscreen this morning I noticed that the rubbers on both wiper blades were split. Fortunately it didn't rain at all today. It was sunny with a breeze.
New wiper blades will be ordered tomorrow. I use the sprung ones, they are better than the straight standard Series versions.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used the asbo Audi instead of the 90 today. Itís quite a long drive so Iíll keep the miles down on the 90.

Morson, whilst the last two points on your copy of the tenancy agreement donít go in your favour, as Alan said, the fact that your neighbour has had warnings shows the sort of person she is. If others havenít complained about your Landy other than her, the council might look favourably on it.

The document you copied on here looks like a simplified guide as opposed to a legal document. What does the actual legal tenancy say? If thereís no mention of it, you might be ok.

Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I imagine the 'tenancy hand book' morson linked to is incorporated by reference into the legal tenancy agreement. Otherwise there would be no point to it. It's a fair bit more restrictive than what we see here in Leicester, more like the terms you see from a housing association than a local authority, but I understand there are no national terms or guidelines and individual councils are free to set their own terms, presumably within reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246 ... 389, 390, 391  Next
Page 245 of 391

Jump to: