Disco Sport USB Connection Issues. Please help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Introduce yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TovinoThomas
Newcomer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject: Disco Sport USB Connection Issues. Please help! Reply with quote
Hi all, newbie here! Just bought a new to me 2017 Disco Sport HSE with the touch pro infotainment system. It has android auto loaded and my phone connects flawlessly through Bluetooth. However, when I touch the android auto icon, it tells me to connect a compatible device via USB. I've tried connecting to both USB ports in the front cubby and the dkt test one in front of the armrest, but nothing happens. I am having the same problem with InControl Apps as well. I do have the most up-to-date firmware on my phone and Android Auto / InControl Apps. Am I doing something wrong or are my ports broken? Phone (Note 9 on T-Mobile) charges when plugged into the USB, but nothing else. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TovinoThomas on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum Thomas. Unfortunately your querie is way beyond my knowledge so I can't help.
morson
A Hopeless Case !
A Hopeless Case !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi and welcome

i have a mistubishi outlander 2017 my phone connects via bluetooth without an issue however the usb wont work on mine after digging u may have a simmilar system you cannot connect via usb as usb will only work with audio devices like ipod etc. its not clearly stated but a heads up that may be the case. usb is only used for charging in my car. hope this sort of clarifies things a little
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi and welcome!

Not a query I can help with either. You’re the first to post a question regarding a 2017 discovery on here!

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Geoff Che
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum TovinoThomas.

I'm afraid that your query outstrips my sphere of Landy experience by 30 years. Any Landy with a computer in it is way beyond my knowledge.

Cheers
Geoff

It is only those who do nothing that make no mistakes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Introduce yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: