Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 348, 349, 350 ... 355, 356, 357  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps Mrs G is more intrusive than HM Customs Geoff... Surprised

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just seen online that MoT’s are to be extended by six months from 30th March...

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This morning I loaded the dogs into the Land Rover and drove to the usual country walk. Driving to a place to walk is allowed but I was still expecting flashing blue lights in the mirror. Social distancing still has to be observed but on this morning's walk the one other I saw towards the end of the walk was a couple of hundred yards in front and going in the same direction. Tomorrow the dog walk will be a local one where I'm likely to meet more people.
This afternoon I finished digging the plot of garden I started Monday.
This is what I would have probably done in a normal day. It's not being able to be able to go somewhere on the spur of the moment that we miss but otherwise life is nearly normal. Strangely enough I don't miss going to the pub so I'll be getting that much closer to covering the cost of the brake fluid reservoir. We have to go into town tomorrow to get Mrs. D's prescription and a few items in Waitrose then straight home.
In my paper today it stated that the premature death toll from air pollution in the UK is 40,000 per annum. That puts things into perspective.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
In my paper today it stated that the premature death toll from air pollution in the UK is 40,000 per annum. That puts things into perspective.

The only other person I've seen today, apart from my wife and the postman, I had a blazing row with. And I was just minding my own business in my own garden. Social distancing - I just can't get enough of it. Put me in a foul mood - so much so that I couldn't care less how many people die if they're all like that. So, if you don't like the air, don't breath! Evil or Very Mad I see Prince Charles supposedly has the virus. On the news they seemed more concerned over whether the Queen might have caught it from him. And rightly so!
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After I'd got back home from the dog walk Mrs. D and I were in the front garden when the self isolating neighbour who used to take Mrs. D to Tesco and who has totally ignored me appeared obviously wanting to talk. I walked away followed by Mrs. D who said we had to go. He's obviously bored out of his tree with no one except his wife to talk to and I won't be talking to him.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
We managed a short walk with little knappster after lunch. A guy who lives on our estate walked out of his garden and stood on the narrow footpath right in front of me. His idea of social distancing is different to mine! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Still, little knappster took the opportunity to have some pics taken of her sat in the driver’s seat of the 90. Clever girl, with great taste in motors too! Very Happy Very Happy

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the current edition of The Magazine on page 4 is an article by Avril about a Series 2A. In the article she states that a second hand chassis was fitted. First, is the provenance of the chassis known? Was it from a write off in which case it could be illegal to use it? Second DVLA must be informed and will probably issue a very undesirable Q plate.
It's never worth using a second hand chassis to save money. It could even be from a stolen Land Rover. I know new ones are expensive but you won't land in possible trouble and being a brand new replacement it won't attract a Q plate. Second hand bulkheads are OK.
Rich, maybe little k could feature in the Land Rover calendar.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did wonder about the chassis too. Unless the article refers to the chassis being fitted before the rules about using a second chassis were introduced.

I hadn’t thought about little knappster being a calendar girl. Smile She’s more photogenic than me! Smile

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rich, the chassis rules have been in force for a very long time. Ages ago my mate bought a prefix D turbo diesel 90 from the estate managed by my cousin. It had been written off. The engine and gearbox etc were allowed to be used but not the chassis so he cut up what looked like a reasonable one.
Anything is more photogenic than me.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I must admit it was only a guess Alan (the chassis issue, not little knappster being more photogenic, that bit is true!). I guess it’s not an issue unless it’s picked up during an MoT or if VOSA or an insurance assessor etc picks up on it.

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, it's now in the magazine which was rather a silly thing to do. Who knows who will pick it up now?
morson
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
if someone from the ministry sees it they may receive a SVA letter for a request of inspection. im surprised the magazine allowed to print it
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
.. or an insurance assessor etc picks up on it.

Any excuse to avoid paying out on a claim Sad
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We had to go into town this morning to get items that that were not on the empty shelves of Tesco and to collect Mrs. D's prescription. There was a long queue outside Boots but not many people as everyone was observing the 2 metres gap. It was one out, one in at Boots and the same at Waitrose. I usually go in Waitrose with Mrs. D but I waited outside so that someone else who was shopping could go in. Mrs. D said there were no depleted shelves in Waitrose. Presumably they are stricter than Tesco with rationing.
One item in Mrs. D's prescription wouldn't be ready until after 2pm, the one she was almost out off so she went back to collect it while I drove the dogs to their usual country walk. There were more people about as it was the afternoon and we stopped and chatted at the regulatory distance.
The press are now giving more positive news unlike the tv lot.
I wonder if the police car that is now patrolling our road is there to keep an eye on my Land Rover.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am struggling to see how people cannot work out this social distancing thing. We took little knappster to the canal this afternoon to fatten the already fat ducks. Most people walking and running past us made no attempt to adhere to the two metre gap, forcing us to continually move. This included adults, older people and children.

On the subject of runners, has anyone else noticed how suddenly lots of people have started running??? Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 348, 349, 350 ... 355, 356, 357  Next
Page 349 of 357

Jump to: