Posting pics - yet again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Got a posting problem?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Posting pics - yet again! Reply with quote
Just about every other new member seems to have trouble with this and asks for help, from which I deduce the advice given 13 years ago in the Sticky thread 'HOW TO - post photographs' isn't helping. I've repeated my advice so often I've now saved a version of it so I can simply copy & paste it in reply. This is it:

" You need first to upload your photos to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, which is the one I use. Then find the BB code for the photo from that site and copy and paste it into your post here - Flickr allows you to copy the photo in different sizes with a slightly different code for each size - I think it's best not to post pics here too large - if the pic carries a link to the original site, which it should, others can then follow the link to look at the bigger pic if they want.

It's not possible to upload photos directly to this site if you don't post them online somewhere else first that will give you that BB code.

You can use the Preview function here to choose a size before you commit to submitting your post - it generally works - if not, you can use Edit.

There's no need to use any of the other buttons above the Reply box like Code or Img "

I'd like to add this to the above-mentioned thread but can't 'cos it's a locked thread - perhaps a site administrator might be willing to copy & paste it there (Others may have suggestions of their own if they think it needs clarifying/adding to)
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I’m not sure if this thread is the one you mean Geoff, but it has instructions attached too...

http://www.thelandroverclub.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4580

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, Rich, the thread referred to in the thread you are referring to is the thread I was referring to, but I personally don't find it very helpful. And I wondered if others didn't either, because they keep asking the same question. I'm not asking for that information to be removed or replaced necessarily - it's not up to me - I was just suggesting what I wrote, or something similar (if others have suggestions) be at least added. Then when newbies ask (if they haven't looked) they can be simply referred to the info, with confidence it's reasonably understandable. If you don't agree, well, as I said, I've saved my version of my advice and I'll continue to post it in answer to individual requests for help as long as it's appreciated. Because we all like to look at photos don't we?
frank
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi
I have put your information about posting photos in the next club magazine
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff,

Frank’s idea is a good one. I have asked if this particular thread can be made a sticky so that it remains prominent.

Rich

Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Rich, Frank.

I don't pretend to be an expert on this, particularly as I've no experience of using any other photo sharing sites than Flickr, or any other OS or browser than mine, or of using a smartphone. So if anyone else has useful advice to add that's not covered they could post it to the new Sticky thread if left unlocked.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The sticky’s lot locked so it can be added to. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Got a posting problem? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: