Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 615, 616, 617, 618, 619  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I reckon every town/city will jump on the cash cow band wagon.
Flu jab this morning in Boots. I found out that the number 19 for the lurgy was not the latest variant but the year (2019) in which it was "discovered" (created more like!)
I saw the same Series 2/2A this morning in the same place as last week so I presume it's owner must work there. This afternoon I saw a 03 plate SWB Defender pick up with an Ifor Williams canopy.
Now here's a laugh. Rail freight operators are ditching leccy locos for diesel because of the high cost of electricity. As we have only the 750 DC 3rd rail electrics here so they're all diesel but the overhead lines are 25kv AC which gives far more power.
I wonder if they use thick meters.
Latest silly item advertised on TV tonight is... s**twash. I can't print in full because I banned the first 4 letter word.
Halloween tat is on sale. This morning's bus was decked out in Halloween tat. Absolutely ridiculous. Still, it got us into town and we had the same bus coming home.
The whole country's gone loco!!!!
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My brother picked up his new discovery sport this afternoon. It’s red and looks very smart. But he’s gone from £30 a year VED to £490! Shocked I’ll bet he didn’t ask the question when he got it... Rolling Eyes

Still, he’s promised me a drive in it. Very Happy

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My dad had a similar surprise when he bought his Evoque = nice little tax hike. I reckon there are plenty of folks out there who forget about the tax when they buy a new motor.

1975 200TDI Series 3 - Henry
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's a list of used Land Rover prices in LRO, including the cost of VED.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
He doesn’t read LRO. I’m betting he assumed the tax was the same as his Volvo which he had previously. I’ll ask him when I see him...

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the way to the pub lunchtime with the younger dog I saw an Army Wolf 110, bristling with aerials towing a trailer. I assumed it was FFR. It was leading a convoy of about 8 MAN flatbed 8 wheel lorries, each with a container on the bed. While I was in the pub several Army tankers went by. From the Hazchem symbol they were carrying something toxic. The convoys were heading in the Tidworth direction.
Also seen was a 08 plated 110 crew cab and another 110 Army Defender.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
One of the FB laning group pages mentioned a large scal exercise on Salisbury Plain during October, with more at weekends. Smile But the news had an article about a soldier killed there today during an exercise too Sad

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No landies seen today. I did the weekly shop and cleaned the kitchen... Rolling Eyes Back to work tomorrow...

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished cutting back the overgrown non apple bearing apple tree after the younger dog and I got back from the pub this afternoon. No chainsaws were used, just loppers. If it was up to me the non apple apple tree would be felled. It's not very tall. With that cut back along with the buddleia and the hawthorn, more light had been let in. I should finish the cutting back in the next couple of days then it's shredding the cuttings.
A couple of Land Rovers seen, a 12 plate dark grey SWB Station Wagon and an LWB Defender Station Wagon from a distance.
I came across a 71 plate MG thingy outside a house today. I can't believe anyone is daft enough to buy that nasty Chinese junk (although maybe I should in these mad times). These rubbishy things are an insult to a once respected marque, far more than the new "Defender" is to its ancestors.
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My boss drives one of the new MG ZS models. She reckons it's a good motor - but then she would wouldn't she? after all, she is paying for the thing. I don't mind the look of them, but they are not MG's.

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There’s an MG dealership near us. I’ve never looked around it and don’t intend to.

A trip into work for the 90 again today. I got a wave from the driver of a Td5 90 between Gloucester and Stroud on the way home and from the driver of a standard looking disco 2 Surprised although I only saw him wave as I Passed! Embarassed

Fuel has gone up by another 2p per litre at the local Tesco in Gloucester since last Monday... Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The nearby Shell station prices seem to have stabilized.as have the prices at the filling station opposite the pub at Weyhill.
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We have a new MG dealership opening in Redditch in the next few months. They have been building it for a while now and it is just round the corner from where I work - obviously, I shall beat a path to the door when they eventually open.

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
More tree pruning this morning. Mrs. D wouldn't let me use the chainsaw.
A quartet of muddy Discos seen on the walk to the pub. 3 Disco 1's or 2's and a 3 or 4. They were accompanied by a thingy also muddy. I reckon they'd all been on an offroading experience somewhere.
Back to sanity and a 110 utility Station Wagon seen on the way home.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Probably fresh from a trip on Salisbury Plain Alan. There were quite a few posts online showing trips out today.

An early shift, followed by a late finish. We worked with the local volunteer search and rescue group, who had a very nice 300Tdi hardtop 110 with winch bumper and lots of rescue kit. The late finish didn’t go down well with Mrs K or little knappster, whom I’d promised to take out on her bike after work... Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 615, 616, 617, 618, 619  Next
Page 616 of 619

Jump to: