Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 645, 646, 647  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got 4 Wolf wheels in the garage and 5, including the spare, on the Land Rover.
The guesscast predicted thick fog here for most of the morning but instead there was unbroken sunshine all day making for a pleasant walk to and from the pub and it was warm in the sun.
I saw a prefix P Land Rover tipper used by a tree surgeon and the tatty N 110 outside the other pub. The 110 has acquired a dent behind the nearside rear wheel. Otherwise it was Discoveries 3 onwards that are prevalent here.
646 Tumbleweed pages now.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The latest issue of LRO arrived, together with some nice tea and cakes from the sister in law to cheer us up in isolation. Very Happy

Much as I’d like to be able to do some tasks on the Landy, Mrs K is of the opinion I need to remain indoors, so that’s what I’m doing. But I’ll enjoy some nice tea and a cake whilst doing so!

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've reached page 80 of the issue of LRO that I received this week. No new LRO and next week's Radio Times hasn't arrived yet.
Nothing exciting seen on the walk to and from the pub. The tatty prefix N 110 hardtop is still in its pub carpark. I did see a prefix L classic Range Rover otherwise it was the usual load of Land Rover vehicles seen here.
This year's gardening is going to be raised beds. I know we could make some but it's all the faff of getting the right materials so Mrs. D is going for ready made.
We're watching an episode of Endeavour we recorded and featured in it is a Series 2A 88 hardtop being used by Special Branch. The Land Rover is currently taxed.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally got to watch the Guy Martin Land Rover build episode, which was very good Very Happy

Not much else Landy- related on television though Rolling Eyes

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have yet to watch a recording about building the new "Defender."
Thick fog here this morning.
We watched an episode of Midsomer Murders LL last night which featured a beaten up Series 1 driven by thlocal ne'er do well. It's currently taxed and had a 2.5 diesel but couldn't say whether it was n/a, turbo, 200 or 300 Tdi.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wondering what’s happened to Paul and Geoff. Both have been quiet of late...

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I wondered where they were.
The fog lifted and the sun came out. A pleasant walk to and from the pub but no Land Rovers seen except the one in the pub a carpark. Several Discovery 3's and above and the one Range Rover that stopped for the dog and me to cross the road. I reckon that without the dog nobody would have done so.
At least a politically incorrect laugh at the pub today.
The younger dog has a big fan club at the pub. I don't.
lowcatjo
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've spent the day doing Post Grad study.

Nothing having to do with Land Rovers done. But I did have a short non-studying break to install new ceiling light bar from Next for us. Smile

"I may be old, I may be slow,
but I get to places you'll never go"
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I’ve got a light bar in the garage but it’s for the 90! Smile

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today is apparently Blue Monday. Four weeks since C-word week, the middle of winter and everyone is skint. Not to mention still showing positive for the lurgy. Rolling Eyes

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was certainly Blue Monday here. Clear blue sky and sunshine all day.
I shifted a load of leaves using the battery powered leaf blower this morning. The petrol one is in vac/shredder mode.
The Land Rover was used to take the dogs for a walk this morning. The byway seems to be used weekends by off roaders and parts of it are somewhat muddy. I don't drive it because one short section is too narrow although others get through. There's no illegal off piste driving though but I wonder how long it will be before someone complains as it's a popular walking track.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No doubt complaining about vehicles in the countryside Alan. Even though most walkers who complain drive there themselves. Rolling Eyes

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, Rich, any excuse will do for the moaners.
Practical Classics arrived today but no LRO or Radio Times yet. It doesn't look like postal delays are coming to an end yet.
lowcatjo
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not too Blue a Monday here.

Day off tomorrow, and arrived at my temporary accommodation (*very* long story about licencing of the park I live on during the working week and my requirements to be out for a month in Jan) to find that the beautiful little cottage I stay in has had a heating failure.

As a result I've been upgraded to a positive mansion here, and feel like the Laird. Smile Smile

I think this is definitely worth a bottle of good single malt for the lassie who runs the enterprise. Smile

"I may be old, I may be slow,
but I get to places you'll never go"
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like a life of luxury then lowcatjo.
I've just seen the TV ad for the new "Defender." I prefer the red and black real one on the stone plinth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 645, 646, 647  Next
Page 646 of 647

Jump to: