Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 321, 322, 323 ... 355, 356, 357  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff2 wrote:
Yule wrote:
Geoff2 wrote:
morson wrote:
no anything their side is their responsibility however if they cut it they are allowed to throw the cuttings back into your garden as its your hedge. or they coukd be lovely neighbours and dispose for you

morson's absolutely right. I hate people who throw the cuttings back!

No - Morson is almost right. I believe that the law states that you have to 'offer' the cuttings to the owner of the hedge and not just chuck them over into their garden. If they do not want the cuttings, you have to get rid of them yourself.

We had one nice one once - guess what? - he had a Land Rover - a '72 tax-exempt Series 3 88 truck cab - and a motorbike Smile )

He sounds like a thoroughly agreeable chap to live next to

1975 200TDI Series 3 - Henry
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
Rich, if the fencing is the common type overlapping horizontal strips then the side where they were put up will have the higher ones overlapping the lower. The other side will have them opposite. This is done for aesthetic purposes to look neat for the occupants who had the fence erected.

There is a common train of thought that if you erect a fence, you have to give the attractive side to the neighbour. This is also horse manure - if you erect the fence then you get to decide who gets the pretty side. I know which side I always get Laughing

Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Top tip if your neighbour puts a fence up with horizontal pails that over lap going down as Alan has stated - buy yourself a cheap spray bottle with pump action. Fill with your choice of fence preservative, pump until full pressure, point at fence and pull trigger. The resulting 'goo' will cover your side of the fence, preserving it nicely, whereas the residue will drip down on your neighbours side. End result is you don't have to clear up any runs as they will be all done the far side - neighbours problem!

you are most welcome Smile

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fly tipping is on the increase. No surprise there with the ridiculous waste rules in this country. It's obvious that making anyone pay to use the local household tip will increase fly tipping but the idiotic politicians can't see that and the cost to local authorities far outweighs free use of household tips.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
Fly tipping is on the increase. No surprise there with the ridiculous waste rules in this country. It's obvious that making anyone pay to use the local household tip will increase fly tipping but the idiotic politicians can't see that and the cost to local authorities far outweighs free use of household tips.

Agree 150% - who could have been so stupid as to think you could charge people to throw stuff away?? What theoretical world to these people inhabit? Rolling Eyes
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yule wrote:
There is a common train of thought that if you erect a fence, you have to give the attractive side to the neighbour. This is also horse manure - if you erect the fence then you get to decide who gets the pretty side. I know which side I always get Laughing

Further south y'all may be concerned with aesthetic considerations, but here in the wild west of Leicester defence is what counts - you erect your fence with the side hardest to climb outwards!
Slow Progress
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff I think you need this for your garage:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Humorous-Rover-Disease-quality-metal/dp/B01B7XSBF4/ref=pd_aw_sbs_14_12?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01B7XSBF4&pd_rd_r=acf83dfb-5fd8-4aa8-b81f-6c1af32bfb19&pd_rd_w=jdHCk&pd_rd_wg=1N0fz&pf_rd_p=48adc81d-0faf-42c7-ac18-df0c46e5f660&pf_rd_r=Y4NVE1JCAQF1M8ZS64DX&psc=1&refRID=SM5B5RQ6268M5T3YKP9R

1976 series 3 109" station wagon 6 cylinder.....the one which has a drink problem!
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update. Marmite XO is still available. Mrs. D bought a jar earlier this week and now I have 2 unopened ones plus the one recently started.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan is stocking up with vital supplies for the apocalypse. Very wise.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slow Progress wrote:
Geoff I think you need this for your garage:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Humorous-Rover-Disease-quality-metal/dp/B01B7XSBF4/ref=pd_aw_sbs_14_12?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01B7XSBF4&pd_rd_r=acf83dfb-5fd8-4aa8-b81f-6c1af32bfb19&pd_rd_w=jdHCk&pd_rd_wg=1N0fz&pf_rd_p=48adc81d-0faf-42c7-ac18-df0c46e5f660&pf_rd_r=Y4NVE1JCAQF1M8ZS64DX&psc=1&refRID=SM5B5RQ6268M5T3YKP9R

No, I don't. So much crap on Amazon. Says it's 'humorous'- Trade Descriptions Act? The only thing that's funny about it is that some moron thinks they'll make any money out of it. And they can't even spell 'erratic'. Pathetic - sorry, sp, that's not aimed at you but the originator of this product has clearly never been near anything or anyone genuinely into Landies. Just my opinion - I could be wrong, but I hope/like to think not.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got back from an overnighter in Telford. An early start this morning with lots of physical training. Not long got back.

We went for a quick drink after our meal last night and there was a very tidy black 90 truck cab with LED spots, winch and an old-school rear roll cage. I didn’t get chance to speak to the owner as they weren’t in the vehicle but there was a rather bored young lady sat in the passenger seat! Smile

I followed a nice 110 station wagon in blue with a roof rack off of the M5 on the way home. Unfortunately, it got away from me at the A46 junction so I don’t know where it went.

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw the article on breakfast news at 0600hrs this morning about fly-tipping. The environment agency say it’s now organised crime responsible. I agree that it the policy of charging to use recycled trees is partly responsible. The large-scale dumps found in industrial premises is more likely due to criminals undercutting responsible contractors and the customer think they’re getting a cheaper service. The waste isn’t being sent for recycling or responsible removal but is being dumper en-masse in industrial premises and on farmland disguised as bales of silage wrapped in black polythene. Evil or Very Mad

Alan, I’m glad you’re sorted for Marmite XO. When the zombies come after the lurgy outbreak, you’ll be fine! Wink

Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe Marmite XO is the cure. Who knows. It's as good a guess as most others being researched. I think we should investigate it. And, Rich, what is a 'recycled tree'?
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff, I saw the same object on eBay. I haven’t got one in my garage either, although Mrs K got me a wooden sign that says “Man Cave”. Smile

The fence issue is still up for discussion. My previous neighbour at the last Knapp towers sprayed the partition fence with a sprayer and covered my new patio with brown spots! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad And the neighbour hasn’t done anything with the fence yet. Before I approach him, I’ll have to establish if it’s his fence or mine... a job for the weekend.

Hopefully, it’s take the Landy to work day tomorrow. Very Happy And yes, a 109/110 will take quite a bit time longer to clean and polish. When I was looking to buy the 90, Mrs K specifically said not to buy a “big” Land Rover. I believe she meant a 110...

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff2 wrote:
what is a 'recycled tree'?

A typo! I was typing recycling centre but the iPad inserted tree instead. And I didn’t notice! Still, they do recycle trees too! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 321, 322, 323 ... 355, 356, 357  Next
Page 322 of 357

Jump to: