Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 389, 390, 391 ... 408, 409, 410  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
Geoff2 wrote:
That's what I call recycling. I've a bunch of tools stored in an old metal deed box I salvaged from the local tip many years ago Smile

That sort of recycling would go down well in Stroud. They recycle everything here!

Years ago Mrs. D bagged a 2 drawer filing cabinet that was surplus to requirements at the Government office in Andover where she worked. I collected it in the Land Rover. The cabinet was locked, no one knew where the key was nor what it contained. I took it home, drilled the lock and opened it. Nothing confidential and it was OK anyway because I have signed the Official Secrets Act. Mrs. D returned the contents and I filled it with various bits and pieces.
Strimming this morning then a dog walk. Much cooler today but hardly any rain. On the dog walk I came across a couple of council workmen strimming the roadside verge. I had a chat with them and discovered they were on giant hogweed removal so I told them where it was along the footpath. They'd started on the roadside hogweed when I came back so I diverted through the industrial estate (sorry, business park as they're called nowadays.)
A lazy afternoon. Dunsfold phoned back about my spares order and it should be delivered soon.

Last edited by Alan Drover on Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff2 wrote:
I think I've already spent everything I saved by not bothering to re-tax one of my Land Rovers at the end of April on ebay! Rolling Eyes

I've spent the beer money I saved over the past 11 weeks on Land Rover spares. At least it's a good investment, much better than the abysmal interest on savings.
Nice to know Tumbleweed keeps you sane, Geoff.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
I've spent the beer money I saved over the past 11 weeks on Land Rover spares. At least it's a good investment, much better than the abysmal interest on savings.

That's our excuse here for our ebay purchases! Invest in something you know about is what I always say Smile
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A certain fast food chain reopened their outlets today. There were long queues locally as people who have clearly struggled during lockdown rush for their mcfeast! Rolling Eyes

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
A certain fast food chain reopened their outlets today. There were long queues locally as people who have clearly struggled during lockdown rush for their mcfeast! Rolling Eyes

The local one opened Monday. The queues were very long. It's eased off now but the queue is still longer than under normal conditions.
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
Geoff2 wrote:
knappster wrote:
Lots of singers and groups I’ve not heard of. Must be before my time. Smile

Yes, Alan and I are dinosaurs, and I for one am quite happy to be one.

We’re just younger dinosaurs! Smile

Dinosaurs in waiting Smile

1975 200TDI Series 3 - Henry
Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff2 wrote:
Yule wrote:
Geoff - sorry but you are wrong about the Eighties - great music! I also think 60's, 70's & early 90's music was good.

And Alan, I love Queen Smile

How did I know I was going to hear from you about this, Paul? Smile

If we all liked the same music it would be a very dull world Geoff.

Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:

Police had to advise our local branch to shut yesterday as the queue to get through was backed up so far it was onto the main duel carriageway island. I didn't realise that people were so desperate to eat such below par pap.

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think everyone is fed up and any excuse to go anywhere for something is a bonus. I heard that one person who queued for about 3 hours at an Ikea store said he was fed up with being cooped up and wanted a change.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yule wrote:
I didn't realise that people were so desperate to eat such below par pap.

Makes you wonder what they've been eating while stuck at home!
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
I think everyone is fed up and any excuse to go anywhere for something is a bonus. I heard that one person who queued for about 3 hours at an Ikea store said he was fed up with being cooped up and wanted a change.

Does this account for what's happening in America?! Shocked
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:

I’d rather sit at home instead of queueing for an hour or more for something sold as a burger which bears little resemblance to one, and has no taste. At least by visiting ikea, you get a change of scenery once you’re inside. Smile The local coffee chain outlets had queues last week when they opened too. It looks like people get so accustomed to visiting these establishments that they crave their reopening!

Alan Drover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went down town this morning. There weren't any shops open any more than last week although it looked like some were getting ready to do so.
The roadside hogweed has been cut down and removed but the clumps along the path are still there. As they're well away from the path I suspect they will stay.
My parts from Dunsfold arrived today. Once again superb service as in the present way of abnormal life I wasn't expecting them that quick. Full marks.
As from Monday 15th June I will not be using public transport. I daren't write down my reasons for this boycott because I'll definitely have to ban myself. There may have to be an exception though when I collect the Land Rover from Ian, but that'll be the only time and will have to be a desperate last resort.I'll try and make other arrangements.
A clue to my reasons for the boycott. "What happens if I sneeze?"
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The local Tesco has put their diesel up by 1p per litre since I filled up on Friday. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Let’s hope this isn’t the start of things to come... Rolling Eyes

I used the 90 for work and collected my upcycled cabinet. It fitted in the back easily, just needing the spare wheel moving. Smile

Little knappster has broken two toilet roll holders so I’ve had to repair these tonight. She has been misbehaving and pushing the boundaries more for the last few weeks. I think she’s missing the variety that nursery gives her. Terrible twos??? Fearsome threes more like it! Rolling Eyes Smile

Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
'Rioting youth, reckless destruction of property at Knappster Towers' How about 'threatening threes', Rich? - has more of a ring to it Smile

(Save 'fearsome' for the 'fours' - something for you to look forward to!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 389, 390, 391 ... 408, 409, 410  Next
Page 390 of 410

Jump to: