Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426 ... 441, 442, 443  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was little knappster’s first day back at nursery for four months today and she didn’t want to go. We had a mini meltdown and a tantrum this morning, with a few tears too. But Mrs K reported that she walked into nursery without so much as a backwards glance, and when I got home, she looked as if she’d enjoyed herself. Mrs K’s first day back at work today didn’t look too taxing either, from what I could see! My day, by comparison, has been the complete opposite. Rolling Eyes

The 90 got another trip in to work as Mrs K used the golf for the nursery run. (I really must buy another “boring” car...) No other landies seen. Where are they all??? Confused

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
We get more news on here than from the news itself! Very Happy

.....and more sensible.
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
No other landies seen. Where are they all??? Confused

I didn't see any today except a newish Discovery when I was refuelling at Tesco this morning. I saw a couple yesterday on my walk to the pub. There are Defenders I see regularly round here but there don't see to be many Series about. I'll have to wait for Longstock to see them.
morson
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
odd question i was have a conversation with a friend about 101 / forward controls and about who can drive them, some people seem to think u have to have a 7.5T license as they are 3.5T but others seem to think its classed the same as a van and can drive on any car license???

whats the right one or is it a grey area?
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They can be driven on a Group B license if the weight doesn't exceed 3.5 tons just the same as the Sprinter I used to drive which didn't need a tacho. Group C1 is over 3.5 to 7.5 tons.
A Group B+E license entitles you to drive a gross train weight(vehicle with trailer and load) of up to 7 tons.
I believe historic commercial vehicles and buses can be driven on a Group B license provided they're not used for hire or reward or carrying fare paying passengers in the case of buses.
morson
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ah ok that clears it up a bit it so even the 101 ambulances are drivable on B license
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I took a drive to south Devon to see my godmother who is moving into a care home this week. She doesn’t want to go understandably, but knows it’s necessary. I saw a freelander and evoque getting lifts on big yellow taxis Rolling Eyes and a few 110’s, all being green hardtops with a variety of roof racks and winch bumpers. Smile

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Land Rover was used for dog walking this morning. No other Land Rovers seen.
Anyone insured with RH Insurance? I read on the Series 2 Club forum that A Plan have taken over RH.
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mrs. D and I walked the dog to the pub lunchtime to take advantage of the half price offer from the Government. We had sandwiches and Mrs. D had a tonic water and then a coffee. My 3 pints of Dark Star Hophead didn't count but I got 3 for the price of 2 as I had one "in" from Sunday. We saved £7.12 on the food and non alcoholic drinks.
Mrs. D cut her sandwiches with a knife but I ate mine "the agricultural way."
One Defender glimpsed today.

Last edited by Alan Drover on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We’ve now got a new forum for greenlaning discussions in the Events section. Very Happy

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I took a trip to Tewkesbury for work purposes today. I saw a few landies, including a nice dark green Series 2 SWB in Down Hatherley near Cheltenham. It had limestone wolf wheels and large AT tyres and looked very smart! I also saw a couple of Defenders including a nice red 110 double cab.

Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
The Land Rover was used for dog walking this morning. No other Land Rovers seen.
Anyone insured with RH Insurance? I read on the Series 2 Club forum that A Plan have taken over RH.

I was with RH until last month. I insured both Henry & my MX5 on the same policy. Sadly they decided this year that the MX5 would cost me 50% more than last year - with no good reason whatsoever. I am no longer with RH as a result.

1975 200TDI Series 3 - Henry
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I left the NFU for the same reason when they hiked my premiums up by 50%.

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For ages Mrs. D has been trying to buy a small stoneware casserole dish so that she can use it in the microwave. Most she's found on line are cast iron or too big. Today she came back from town with one. It's a Denby crockpot which she said are expensive. Price paid; £4.99 from a charity shop. That's a real bargain.
The local non Land Rover colour mid blue prefix F reg turbo diesel 110 station wagon seen today. I have spoken to its owner some time ago.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mrs D is clearly a shrewd lady then Alan. Smile Sounds like a good buy.

I saw a couple of landies today afte another trip to Tewkesbury. All were Defenders, including some nicely modified ones. I also saw a 110 station wagon on the M5 towing a hot air balloon going southbound. Today was due to be the first day of the Bristol balloon fiesta, sadly postponed due to lurgy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426 ... 441, 442, 443  Next
Page 425 of 443

Jump to: