Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 442, 443, 444 ... 459, 460, 461  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry Rich, I seem to have accidentally deleted your post. I quoted from it but had to edit so somehow I did something stupid.
Idiot brain will stand in the naughty corner.
Edit. I've worked out how it happened. I quoted from your posting Rich, but my posting went wrong so I deleted which included the quote. When a posting is deleted that has a quote in it, the posting from which the quote is taken is also deleted. I should have edited.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
From memory, it was something to do with playing one insurance company off against the other to get more discount l Smile

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
From memory, it was something to do with playing one insurance company off against the other to get more discount l Smile

I'll likely go with Peter Best. I've insured the MG with them since about 1987 and never had any problems.
It's easier to tell my current insurance company that I've sold the Land Rover.
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Land Rover was used to take the puppy to the vet for hos first jabs. He was seen by Jack, the Italian vet who's a Land Rover fanatic. After Land Rover discussion was done outside as only one person is allowed inside, Mrs. D went in with the puppy for his jabs and medical. Puppy passed ok and because a different type of vaccination is being used it's 4 weeks to the next. Somebody asked Mrs. D if she'd let him know if we breed from our puppy. He's only 8 weeks old!!!
While we were waiting outside, a van arrived, 2 men got out, opened the side door and manhandled a large wire mesh crate out. Inside were 6 English bulldog puppies for their first jabs. There were 5 brown (chocolate) and 1 pinkish (lilac) I was told. 4 had already been booked and 2 were being kept. The price of 1 puppy is a staggering £8,000!!!!! Our puppy passed his medical with flying colours.
Back home the dog who had been left behind demanded to be taken to the pub so who was I to argue.
Murphy's law came into operation. Last Tuesday I bought a 25k sack of potatoes only for the potato man to ring this morning to say my 4x25k bags were ready. They're Desirée and £7 per bag (£19.50 at the greengocer). I'll collect them tomorrow morning.
I didn't think they'd be ready yet.
A white 110 Station Wagon with a black roof and a crew cab pick up with an aluminum top over the load bay seen today.
I saw the shrunken Morgan lookalike again and this time I got the registration number. It's a 1984 Liege Kit with a 993cc engine.
I looked it up on line and it's a British kit car, named after Liege in Belgium, using the underpinnings of the Reliant Kitten although the Reliant engine was 850cc so either the engine capacity is wrong or this particular one has a different engine.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
£8k for a puppy?!?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked That’s what demand and fashion does for the price of puppies. Rolling Eyes

I picked up my new winch bumper for the 90 from a local eBay seller. Just need time to fit it now... Smile But no landies seen on my ride to and from work.

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used the Land Rover to collect my 100k of Desirée potatoes this morning. A good price at £28 the lot. On the return journey the driver of a matt black 110 waved.
Mrs. D did the lurgy antibody test this morning. She's positive which means she did catch it last December.
On the walk to and from the pub I saw a very tidy prefix F 90 station wagon and a tricked up prefix R SWB Defender station wagon.
Has anyone had any dealings with a company called LR Optional Equipment from Oakham, Rutland?
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No dealings here Alan.

We took little knappster to the local garden centre for tea and cake and for her to let off some steam this morning. Mrs K started looking at plants and shrubs for our redesigned garden so needless to say it’s wasnt a cheap trip. Surprised Rolling Eyes One of the shrubs was a mature specimen, and my credit card took quite a hit! Shocked

We were followed for part of the journey by a nice dark green Td5 90 county station wagon but it didn’t wave as we were in the golf. Let’s face it, no one waves at a golf! Smile

Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
Let’s face it, no one waves at a golf! Smile

My father was a VW enthusiast and they used to wave to each other, but I guess that was then. He owned successively two Beetles, a 1966 camper van bought new, a Scirocco and a Golf. After he died I sold the tool kit from his first Beetle, which was a 1953 model, and which he had kept, because I thought it belonged back in a Beetle. It fetched hundreds of pounds.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alan Drover wrote:
I used the Land Rover to collect my 100k of Desirée potatoes this morning. A good price at £28 the lot.

A great price indeed but what are you going to do with 100 thousand potatoes, Alan? Smile
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It should read kg or more properly 2cwt.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought we were heading for a national potato shortage for a moment. Forget panic buying of toilet rolls and tinned foods, potatoes are now highly sought after the return of lockdown! Smile

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, it's 36 years late, but "1984" has definitely arrived. George Orwell will be well chuffed.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
We don't know what particular thing prompted your comment, Alan, but are spoilt for choice. If you peer carefully into the firmament, you can make out an enormous banner strung from one heavenly cloud to another and on it in letters a mile high the words "I TOLD YOU SO"
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Stasi are still alive and thriving in the form of my MP who's just been sent a very vitriolic email. The reply will be interesting.
Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We await your further comments, in due course, with interest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 442, 443, 444 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 443 of 461

Jump to: