Tumbleweed................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461 ... 475, 476, 477  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Paul. We didn't bother going anywhere. All I did was to take the Land Rover to Ian to sort out the heated windscreens.
We'll hope (?) for a better one next year.
I finished hedge cutting this afternoon using the long reach cutter for the tops of the hedges and then I drained the fuel out of the hedge trimmer, strimmers and chainsaw for winter storage just leaving the blower/vac active for leaf clearing.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The last day of isolating, thankfully. Very Happy Freedom from tomorrow! Very Happy We’ll celebrate with a family walk to feed the ducks.

I’ll be able to take a drive in the 90 too! Very Happy

Owner of a 200Tdi Disco-engined 90
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The puppy had his first day of being allowed out of the garden so I took him for a walk on the lead around the nearby copse. His next ride in the Land Rover will be in the back with the other dog for a walk in the country off the lead soon.
The plastic guttering, fascias and soffets had a clean by a local business today. It's easier for someone with all the right equipment to do, rather than me perched precariously on a ladder with a bucket and sponge. Our metered water supply wasn't used as his van had a pressurized supply.
I had a voicemail from Peter Best this morning asking me to call them. They now insure both the MG and the Land Rover. I didn't know which vehicle the query was about but it transpired they wanted clarification on the MG's garaging arrangements. I said it's still in the same garage as it was when I started insuring with them ages ago but apparently the new system wanted it. The lady I spoke to said she'd try Google Earth and she got a picture up showing the Land Rover parked on the lawn and a view of the garage. I said that was an old photo as the Land Rover has been parked on the drive since September 2016 when I stopped doing delivery work. She said that was satisfactory. I've not heard back so presume it was.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So the insurers are using google earth to confirm what we put as our vehicle parking arrangements are?!?! Surprised Rolling Eyes

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mrs K and little knappster went for a short walk this afternoon whilst I complied with isolation rules and stayed home, using the time to cook her tea. When she returned home, little knappster refused to wash her hands. Mrs K told her that mummy and daddy were in charge and that she must do what she was told and not argue, to be told “No, you’re not in charge!” Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

I dread to think what she will be like in a few years’ time... Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Geoff2
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You won't be laughing about it then (I refer to your 4th emoticon)
Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
So the insurers are using google earth to confirm what we put as our vehicle parking arrangements are?!?! Surprised Rolling Eyes

It would appear so.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geoff2 wrote:
You won't be laughing about it then (I refer to your 4th emoticon)

I strongly suspect you’re right there Geoff.

Yule
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm on call again this weekend Sad

This is the 3rd weekend on the trot 😢

1975 200TDI Series 3 - Henry
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not good Paul Sad

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Little knappster and Mrs K have been baking again. More fairy cakes, this time for Grandad Ron who’s birthday is next week. My dash pod with switches for the light bar arrived in the post, with some electrical connectors. Mrs K said words to the effect of what had I been buying again... Rolling Eyes

Just waiting for the rain again. The weather guess said from 1000hrs but so far it’s not here. But rain or no rain, it’s the first day post isolation so we’re going for a walk regardless. Very Happy

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don’t forget clocks go back tonight... Smile

Alan Drover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
knappster wrote:
Don’t forget clocks go back tonight... Smile

I've done most of ours including the oven and microwave clock. The grandfather has to be put back in stages as I can't go back over the hour although I could stop it but when I did once I forgot to restart it.
The current issue of Practical Classics arrived today. There are 11 Land Rovers and 1 Range Rover advertised for sale. Top is a 1993 200 Tdi Range Rover for £13,500 followed by a 1969 2A Carawagon for £12,475 and then a very tidy 1973 109 pick up with a 6 pot engine for £10,000. There's a couple of projects as well.
On my way to the pub lunchtime I saw in the McDonalds queue a 64 plate Defender SWB hard top on strange looking alloys and low profile tyres. It looked ridiculous but each to his own.
In the pub, sat in the rocking chair by the window and next to the wood burner and the dog sprawled on the floor in front of it, I saw a prefix F white 90 Station Wagon go by. I haven't seen it before.
knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The clocks went back but I still woke up at my usual time. Rolling Eyes

We’re having a socially-distanced visit to the grandparents for a few hours this morning. Smile

knappster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like a quiet day on the forum! Did everyone forget to set their alarms? Smile

We had a visit to the in-laws. Lots of landies seen on the journey. Most were defenders, which was unusual. We passed a new Defender on the M4 which looked like the driver was reading a phone or something on his lap Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes I also saw a very tidy J-reg 200Tdi disco in blue, this age of disco being a comparative rarity these days. Sad

Last edited by knappster on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461 ... 475, 476, 477  Next
Page 460 of 477

Jump to: