Roamerdrive don't know - Transfer Box Drain Plug Thread Size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Series 3 Gearboxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACR109Series2.5
Never Shuts Up!!
Never Shuts Up!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Roamerdrive don't know - Transfer Box Drain Plug Thread Size Reply with quote
I'm in the process of fitting a Roamer Finned Transfer case sump cover. (Britpart DA9016) I have a Roverdrive so it's a useful upgrade.

Anyone know the S2 Imperial thread size for the sump plug? The S3 has a Metric thread, but the RD plate comes fitted the earlier S2 thread. If I'm forced into buying an S2 plug, whilst I'm on, may as well fit a magnetic plug. The S2 plug needs a slot-key anyway - or I bodge a large screwdriver. A standard hex plug with a magnet in it, offers a mild improvement and it's cheaper. I get a magnet, and don't need a key to do it right. So would be better all round

Even Roamerdrive's blurb, which simply tells you to buy an S2 plug, refers to the thread as an inch, which two days lost, messing about has been proven incorrect.

It gets worse, contacted, and I'm still taking this in, Roamerdrive don't know! Nope, they don't know. And maintain it's an inch.

Standard imperial thread drain plugs are 1" BSP or 3/4" BSP, and I can say it's neither of those. I've some 22mm plumbing fitting here and 22mm seems about right, yet, this can't be?

Anyone?

See: https://www.britpart.com/all-parts/da9016
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Give Dunsfold a ring after Easter. They'll likely know and I've always found them very helpful.
ACR109Series2.5
Never Shuts Up!!
Never Shuts Up!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As running concurrently...

Well, and without prompting Roamerdrive came back and gave me this. Thread is 1-1/8" x 16 Parallel . Good for them.

With another half hour of digging, this is a recognised, but non-standard pitch. Full described as 1-1/8" x 16UN Parallel

Major Diam 1-1/8"
Major Diam 1.1250 inch
Major Diam 28.575 mm
Tapping Drill 27.1mm
TPI 16
Pitch 0.0625 Inch
Pitch 1.588 mm

It's a 60 Degree Thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Series 3 Gearboxes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: