Seat Belts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Series 3 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morson
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Seat Belts Reply with quote
OK this will have a few conflicts in comments did in 1982 my land rover have seat belts as standard, if not do I have to fit them or can I leave it without?
Alan Drover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Front seat belt mounting points became compulsory in vehicles from 1.1.1965 and all cars from that date had to have seat belts fitted and worn.
It's not clear however whether 1.1.65 is the manufacturing date or registration. I should imagine it's the former.
When seat belts became compulsory to wear, 1965 onwards vehicles had to have them fitted and worn. Historic registered vehicles are not exempt.
Inertia reel belts are best. I bought a set from John Craddock years ago. The reels are mounted on the bulkhead behind the front seats and never gave problems at MOT time.
So your 1982 Land Rover has to have seat belts fitted morson even when it becomes historic for tax and MOT purposes.
morson
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok cheers alan as mine are missing all the mounts n brackets the belt is currently on 1 bracket and tied to the tub cargo loop, someones bodge somewhere then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // Series 3 Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: