RIGHT A GREAT IDEA (MY TRADEMARK TIP)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

now come on is this a smart idea or what?
no - i know everything and i already knew that
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
yes - smart idea (ooooo reason to get a laptop or new shoes)
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

matt-unsworth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: RIGHT A GREAT IDEA (MY TRADEMARK TIP) Reply with quote
HI,
well i have a tip i use in my work shop right i know im a 15 year old but hear me out,
right i recently just bout a brand new set of clarke HD PLUS, tool cabinets and chests you know the top of the range ones from machine mart, well the cold weather is coming well has come and well condensation looms (grrrrrrr hate condensation) well anyway i guess no body buys cheap tools for obvious reasons. if you dont no why not to buy cheap tools ill let u find out ur self, well anyway back to the point, well you bought some good decent tools to chuck in your roll cab and tool chest but and condensation sets it has a tendency to creep inside your tool box and if you have ratchet spanners or any tool without crome vanadium plating on them i.e on the rathcet rings condenstion can corrode them (rust) well heres my tip after all of that, well ever bought a pair of shoes and opened the shoe box and took the paper out of the shoes and found a little packet? its called a silca pouch (looks like a packet of salt) well if you read it it says do not eat for obvious reasons well, the perpose of these pouches is to absorb moisture int the air, so simple get some of these and bung them into each draw of your tool chest see simple but clever as they will absorb all moisture in the tool chest or draw meaning it protects yor tools, right i did this a week or 2 back, and every time o come to my pride n joy halfords pro sets they dont have condensation on them at all even tonight, well i got lucky as at first i used little packets like 1x1 inch but after buying 3 laptops this week yes 3!!!!!!!! you find they come with huge silca packs. im talkin like 6x4 inch bags well anyway use this tip and im sure u wont regret it. hope this helps
....matt
madmort

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know that's not a bad idea at all... I've used silica bags for other things ( used to buy in rather large computers called servers and they had lots and lots of silica bags in them) but I never thought to chuck em in with my tools... I've always just dashed em with WD40 and a wipe over... Very Happy

Nice one matey... will keep that in mind...

I've not the money for laptops or shoe's mind... all goes on the landy does my pocket money... Laughing
EJParrott
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amy gives you pocket money! WOW! got to get her to meet Holly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
1970 SIIa/SIII LWB Station Wagon
1971 SIII LWB 5-dr Commercial
2006 Honda VT750 C Shadow

Membership No. 5417
Ivan
A Hopeless Case !
A Hopeless Case !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can actually buy the stuff in bags which means you can just put it in a small container and refill as needed. We use this in our caravan when it's in storage to keep the damp out.

Ivan
Nige P
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ivan wrote:
You can actually buy the stuff in bags which means you can just put it in a small container and refill as needed. We use this in our caravan when it's in storage to keep the damp out.

Ivan

Yep, and then put it in an oven to dry when it's soaked up all the condensation.

Nige

100" of pure TD5 pleasure

Member No. 3220
madmort

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pocket money is the amount I'm allowed each month in varying degree's... i.e. this month I'm not allowed to go shopping at Ashcroft's due to xmas... but I can have a cheap 1/24 model 90 instead... Razz

Used to get it from a local camping and caravanning supplies store in a nice big bag many years ago for the family 'van...
James Lofthouse
A Hopeless Case !
A Hopeless Case !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanx matt i am just about to start a 3 year apprenticeship at pergeot and having bought all the tools thought what about condensation and you have just solved my problem

CHEERS!!!!

2000 Defender 90 TD5 (Lexi)

2003 Discovery TD5

3.9 v8 88" comp safari racer

membership no = 5509
matt-unsworth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
James Lofthouse wrote:
thanx matt i am just about to start a 3 year apprenticeship at pergeot and having bought all the tools thought what about condensation and you have just solved my problem

CHEERS!!!!

good hope this helps,
i just thought well i thought of the idea and well i might aswell share it to benifit others since i will be coming to this forum for a lot of help to,
BLACKBEAST
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you obviously never use theyes tool or you wouldn't be conserened about a bit of rust when using them on a landy they get covered in ep90 and every other sort of crud so rust wont go near they with that stuf on them

the snap on tool man would love you, they sell cleaner now thats gaurantied to keep your tools clean and rust free cost 55 for 1/2 a 1lrt

it must take you 4 hours do change a wheel when you've been offroading 10seconds to change the wheel and the rest cleaning you tools

come look at my tool box not a shiny tool in sight just ask ejp he will tell you Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

1972 109" with an lt77 gearbox and a 2.25 desiel engine
l reg disco 200tdi

what more do i want?????

Member No. 5184
BLACKBEAST
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
but then again i am a motor machanic Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil modern cars are no fun compared to a landy

l reg disco 200tdi

what more do i want?????

Member No. 5184
matt-unsworth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
no i just look after what i got,
i use them just look after and care for them
matt-unsworth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
right time to own up, on the poll who voted no its not a good idea becuase they knew everything?
come on you know your out there
lol

Twisted Evil
BLACKBEAST
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I DID just to put you ideas up the creek Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
and thats without a paddle Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

l reg disco 200tdi

what more do i want?????

Member No. 5184
madmort

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's always one... Laughing

My brother always throws his tools back dirty and covered... I go to his garage and I wear gloves to borrow a screwdriver... Shocked Laughing

I always wipe over my tools with a clean cloth and if they are really bad a cloth soaked in WD40/TTspray or even de-greaser if they're really bad... Very Happy
BLACKBEAST
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i aint got time but over the holidays i might if i can leave my landy where its parked and not find something to do on it

l reg disco 200tdi

what more do i want?????

Member No. 5184
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: