Stolen Classic Land Rover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // All Ex Military Vehicles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simpleearth
A Hopeless Case !
A Hopeless Case !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Stolen Classic Land Rover Reply with quote
This is from the emlra forum:

Hi Guys,
I saw this and thought I would post it here in case anyone see`s it in their area.

Stolen on the night of tuesday june 5th from Oxenhope, West Yorkshire was my mate’s Series 1 Land Rover. He’s owned it for more than 20 years, driven it every day in all weathers and as you can imagine, he’s devastated.

It’s a 1956, 88 Inch, series 1, with a petrol engine. Full ex-British army spec with many distinctive features including the words ‘Training Aid’ painted in yellow on the door and a faded regimental badge. Registration is XSY 647. It has a canvas roof and a bonnet-mounted spare wheel. I know I get readers on this blog who have an interest in historic vehicles. Please pass the word around before the trail gets cold. If you do see it about – this is a rare and distinctive Landy – please tell the police or get in touch with Adrian at teninchwheels@gmail.com .

Please keep an eye out for it or help spread the word.

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt235/baileybooks104/landy2360x450.jpg
shifaa
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh dear Crying or Very sad very sorry to read this. I bet it's been nicked to sell on under a new 'identity'. Good examples of series 1s have appreciated in value so much lately. Not always a good thing Sad

Former owner of Eileen, XRB ***L, 1972 Series 3 88".

Membership No. 6696
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // All Ex Military Vehicles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum