Driving licence - number of seats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sw67
Newcomer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Driving licence - number of seats Reply with quote
Hi Folks,

I passed my driving test after January 1997 which entitles me to drive "Vehicles up to 3,500kg Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) and up to 8 passenger seats with trailer up to 750kg; trailers of 750kg if combined weight of vehicle and trailer isnít over 3,500kg and the fully-loaded trailer doesnít weigh more than the unladen vehicle"
DVLA website says that this is driver + 8 so up to nine seats. Does anyone know if I could legally drive for instance a 12 seat station wagon if I just take out the rear benches or would it still be registered as a twelve seater?. Would I have to inform DVLA of change in number of seats?

cheers,
sw67
lowcatjo
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't recall how you go about it, but you need to remove the seats and get DVLA to change the V5. I can't remember what proof they need, but last time someone did this it seemed a straightforward process.

"I may be old, I may be slow,
but I get to places you'll never go"
sw67
Newcomer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lowcatjo wrote:
I can't recall how you go about it, but you need to remove the seats and get DVLA to change the V5. I can't remember what proof they need, but last time someone did this it seemed a straightforward process.

Thanks - I'm really after an 88" but it's just something that I need to bear in mind if something else turns up that's too good to resist!
seriesbob
Big Talker
Big Talker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah its pretty straightforward. I did it with my old one you just send the v5 back with the ammended details if i remember correctly. Just make sure your insurance states the same number of seats.

Membership number 5972
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // HELP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum