Electric sockets in Dash for series 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // All Ex Military Vehicles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiller
Newcomer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Electric sockets in Dash for series 3 Reply with quote
From comments on this site, I gather that these sockets are not fused, but I still want to know if the plugs for these sockets are still available, as I would like to use mine for a roving light. If I can get the plug, I can fuse the socket before I use it.(1975 series III LWB, ex navy)I have owned her since 1987 and not got bored with her yet, so do not want to set fire to her!
shifaa
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes they're still available..... for a price. What you want are the Lucas style 2 pin dash plug (part number Lucas CAB185).

Can be found here:
http://www.retroclassiccarparts.com/lucas-style-2-pin-dash-plug

Or on ebay.

It actually might be cheaper and easier to remove the original sockets and fit 4mm sockets instead. This way you aren't severely limited to plug type and cost. 4mm stuff is so much cheaper (banana plugs etc), and the sockets look near identical to the originals

I've got 4mm sockets on mine which I sometimes use to run an inspection lamp. I made an adaptor with an in-line fuse to run stuff like mobile chargers and sat nav (not all at the same time!). All works fine Wink

Former owner of Eileen, XRB ***L, 1972 Series 3 88".

Membership No. 6696
spiller
Newcomer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Electric sockets in Dash for series 3 Reply with quote
Thanks very much for that info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // All Ex Military Vehicles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum