finding my 110's history

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // All Ex Military Vehicles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jag636
Newcomer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: finding my 110's history Reply with quote
Hi all I'm a new member in fact this is my first post, my question is how and where can I find out the history of my landy as the only information I have is its former number. She a soft top made in 1987 original number is 41kf 20 she does show some flakes of desert under the olive green, she is a 2.3 normally exasperated diesel and right hand drive but the speedo is in kms, any idea's I would be most grateful.
Geoff Che
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Jag

I would suggest joining www.hmvf.co.uk (Historic Military Vehicle Forum)

After introducing yourself ask them about the Landy, they have a lot of very helpful people.

You could also try contacting the Jaguar Land Rover Gaydon Centre in Warwickshire. They carry lots of info about LR and Jag production, it is also home of the Heritage Motor Centre.

Your third option is to submit a Freedom of Information request to the MoD requesting the in service history for your Landy. This takes a while but you will get back the relevant documents which will tell you where and when the vehicle served.

My 110 is ex-RAF and I used these routes to find out quite a lot about it.

The fact that yours has a Km speedo doesn't necessarily mean that it served oversees, this bit of kit was fitted to all MoD Landies just so that they could serve in any theatre. Additionally, the paintwork isn't necessarily and indicator, it might just have been all they had in the service depot at the time.

Hope this all helps.

Cheers
Geoff

It is only those who do nothing that make no mistakes.
Geoff Che
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Jag

I also forgot to mention that the KF in the equipment registration number tells you that the Landy was taken into service in the 1986 fiscal year (April '86 to March '87). Unlike civilian registration numbers the ERN does not refer to year of manufacture.

Secondly, if you do contact Gaydon they will require the frame number of your Landy to enable them to give you any info.

Cheers
Geoff

jag636
Newcomer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks geoff for the leads and on those nuggets I shall chase it up many people have these vehicles so I would imagine that there is a way to find the information out and most journeys start with the first word of a question, how zen was that, so watch this space. Rolling Eyes
Geoff Che
Super user
Super user

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good luck with the search David.

It's a bit like trying to trace your family tree, but with less likelihood of finding any lords and ladies - although there might be a few skeletons in the cupboard.

Cheers
Geoff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Land Rover Club Forum Index // All Ex Military Vehicles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum